A historical tour at Visit Carlsberg is the obvious choice if you are interested in beer, history, art or architecture. Our dedicated guides will take you through the history of Carlsberg from the foundation in 1847 up until today.
Please note that the historical tours will take place outdoors.
Types of tours
Carlsberg Classic (45 min., max. 30 participants)
This historical tour offers an introduction to Carlsberg's history from its foundation in 1847 until today. Along the way you will learn about:
- Founder J.C. Jacobsen's work to refine beer, as well as his work for science and Denmark
- The relationship between father J.C. and his son Carl and its importance for Carlsberg's history and the brewery in Valby
- A number of the area's exciting buildings - including J.C.'s brewery and villa, the Elephant Gate and the New Carlsberg Brewhouse
Old Carlsberg (45 min., max. 30 participants)
In 1847 J.C. Jacobsen founded an ambitious Lager beer brewery, but even he could not have guessed exactly how big Carlsberg would have grown by the time of his death, a mere 40 years later. On this tour we take a look at the buildings which played a central role in J.C’s brewery, we greet the oldest remaining workforce on site, our horses and examine the everyday conditions for the workers on a brewery in a constant state of modernisation and development. Learn about J.C’s uncompromising approach to beer and life, peek into the oldest cellars underneath the brewery and finish up walking down “Old Carlsberg Road” to take an outside look at one of the things J.C. held dearest, The Carlsberg Research Centre.
Malt & Machinery (45 min., max. 20 participants)
A unique trip around the old brewery "Old Carlsberg" – J.C. Jacobsen’s original brewery. On the tour you will get an in-depth look at:
- Parts of the brewery, which are usually closed to the public
- The function of the machines, which were in use until 1906 and now stand as testimony to Carlsberg's importance for Denmark's industrialisation
- The tour follows the brewing process from the barley arriving until the beer leaves the copper kettles
Weekdays between 10AM and 4PM: 1500 DKK per group + admission tickets to Visit Carlsberg.
Weekends and holidays: 2500 DKK per group + admission tickets to Visit Carlsberg.
Please contact our sales department on +45 33 27 10 20 or email@example.com for more information on prices or a no-obligation quote.